Lash extensions are all the rage right now; people all over the world are going crazy for the natural-looking, long, thick lash look – and as the Lash & Brow Experts this is definitely something we can help you with. Lash extensions come in many different lengths and thicknesses and are adhered to your natural lash using an eye-safe glue. The process of applying lashes can be tedious, as it requires you to keep your eyes closed and remain still for around 60-90 minutes, however the results speak for themselves and many find themselves becoming addicted to the final result. With the correct aftercare, lash extensions can last up to 4 weeks before your next refill so we have compiled a list of do’s & don’ts for you to follow to ensure you get the most out of your lashes (some of them may surprise you).
- Avoid using anything on the eyes for at least 24 hours – this includes water! Perhaps, use a wipe to remove your make up and be careful to avoid the eye area as the glue may not have fully set yet.
- No swimming, saunas, steam rooms for at least 48 hours.
- A tricky one, but try not to sleep on your stomach/face as the pressure can bend or crush the lashes.
- Gently brush or comb through the lashes on a daily basis using a clean spoolie, this will ensure the lashes remain separated and keep their curl.
- Don’t use oil based products around the eye area – products like make up remover or mascara that contain oil will dissolve the lash glue and cause the lashes to fall out prematurely.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes so as not to disrupt the lashes.
- After washing your face, gently pat the lashes dry.
- Avoid using mascara on the lashes, but if you must, ensure it is oil free.
- MOST IMPORTANT – When the time comes to remove your lash extensions, ensure it is done by a fully qualified professional to avoid the loss of your natural lashes!
If you are interested in a set of lash extensions or would like more information, you can visit one of our 30 locations across WA or call us on 1300 81 40 41. We hope you found these tips helpful – don’t forget to share this information with your friends! Team Zubias x