Zubias Threading Staff Profile-Helen Lumsden
A Keen, Diligent Bookkeeper and A Super Mom of 5
A devoted mother of five children, a precious gem in the Zubias Threading Family. Wait there’s more…newly BAS agent, her new career achievement at the moment. Congratulations!!!
She works exemplary hard beyond the expectations of everyone. Let’s get to know her more, be inspired and be motivated from one of the bests!
FULL NAME: Helen Lumsden
WORKS AT ZUBIAS BRANCH: Head Office
JOB POSITION: Senior Bookkeeper
SPECIALIZES IN: Accounts
HOW DID YOU LEARN ABOUT ZUBIAS THREADING SALON?
- I first heard about Zubias Threading from an ad placed on “Gumtree” looking for a Bookkeeper. After reading the ad I felt that I am qualified to what they are looking for and so I did further research about the company after sending them of my application letter. Lucky enough, I was accepted however until now I knew nothing about threading!
WHAT IS YOUR FIRST IMPRESSION ABOUT ZT BEFORE YOU LANDED A JOB IN THE COMPANY?
- Having done some research I then had an interview with Rizwan & Sandrine. From my initial meeting with Rizwan & Sandrine I felt comfortable with them and I understand they have so many plans and dreams for the company. To fulfill these plans and dreams, it requires a lot of effort and commitment from all the ZT staff and family. I knew by then that Zubias Threading was a very professional company, striving to be at their best and to become a leader in the field of Threading industry here in Australia.
WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE REASON WHY THE CUSTOMERS KEEP COMING BACK AT ZT SALON?
- Having not actually talked with any ZT customers, I’m not really sure of the reason why do they love to come back. However I do know that customers have their own favorite therapist/s whom they wanted to to see each time they visited Zubias Salons.
HOW DO YOU SEE YOURSELF FIVE YEARS FROM NOW?
- I see myself five years from now still working in Zubias Threading and be able to return in school and finish my Bachelor of Commerce degree.
WHO’S YOUR CLOSEST FRIEND IN ZT HEAD OFFICE? WHY?
- I can’t say that I am closer to any HO staff member here than anyone else. I feel equally comfortable around to all members of the Head Office team.
BEST COMPLIMENT YOU RECEIVED FROM SANDRINE OR ANY MANAGER ABOUT HOW YOU WORK.
- The best compliment I ever received was from the ZT Accountant Officer. In late 2014 the planning and implementation process was well underway for the POS system. There were few things that I thought I needed to do but before I went ahead I thought I should double check it with our Accountant. After explaining the situation, his response was along the lines of “I have always held your work in high regard and this confirms it” … I couldn’t believe it!
WHAT DO ZT EMPLOYEES LOVE ZT?
- I think the core reason why we love our company it is because we all have respect for each other and to the job that we do. Our Head Office is very small but had a close knit team. When difficulties arises and things went not on the right way, we made sure to help one another and get the job done appropriately.
ZT IS POPULAR BECAUSE?
- In my opinion, Zubias Threading is popular because we offer something different from the crowd market. The products and services we render focuses on giving satisfactions to the needs and wants of our customers. We assure that building strong relationship towards our Therapists and Customers is highly prioritized, thus aiming to gain equal benefits in the end.
HOW ZT INFLUENCED YOUR LIFE?
- Zubias Threading is a big part of my life now. When I first joined Zubias Threading I thought that my expertise in the field of accounting is enough but then I realized that I am so wrong. Today, I learned a lot but still growing and wants to achieve more. After having my first threading I knew that I would never go back to waxing! My older 2 daughters are looking forward to having Henna during the school holidays … both of which we never would have discovered if I hadn’t started working at Zubias Threading.
HOW DO YOU PREPARE FOR WORK?
- I generally start preparing for a day at the Head Office the night before! I have 5 children aged between 1 & 13 years old and find that I need to have my computer, diary & folder / paperwork sorted and on the table ready to go. Mornings are very hectic .. 3 children to get to childcare and 2 to school after we have managed to walk (or more than likely run) out the door. The other thing that I like to have ready is my task list, which at the moment is fairly long!
ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE TO ASPIRING EMPLOYEES WHO WANTS TO MAKE IT BIG IN ZT.
- For new employees my advice would be to ask questions … there are no silly questions! Listen and take on board what senior members of staff are telling you. Be open and honest with those around you. If you make a mistake, own the mistake, apologise, look for and suggest ways that you can avoid this type of mistake occurring again. Accept opportunities that are offered to you. To get the rewards you also need to put in the hard work along the way.